Friday, March 30, 2007

Off to my new life

... by way of my kid's concert. :)

Which I suppose could be said *is* part of my new life - being able to be a bit more involved with, and not so darned far away from, those I love. Presuming that those I love *want* me more involved, that is. I'm not sure of that with everyone. But at least the opportunity is there if they want it.

I do wish school was starting, and that I didn't have to wait until Fall. I think if I had more to do... especially something like classes, which I've enjoyed so far and which have been a mental challenge... I would focus less on what I don't get enough of, you know? I'd be thinking more about what's positive about my life and less about what isn't just the way I'd like it to be.

So next week, I have a whole new batch of people to meet and get to know. Oh boy. Some of you readers would say, "oh, boy!" without the dripping sarcasm, but the introvert here says... ick. Still, I'll throw the performance switch to "on" and be an extrovert for a while, dropping exhausted at the end of the day from the drain of acting.

Going from a walled office to a cubicle will not be fun... I don't have to listen to people yak where I am now. But I will, though, from now on. :( I can't put music on to drown them out. Not too many mangers feel comfortable wearing headphones at their desks, either. Doesn't seem ... managerial.

If I can't have a walled office... I WANT A CLASSROOM! Can I do three years of cubicle duty to get it? I hope so.

No comments:

Who links to my website?