Monday, March 12, 2007

Rent vs Buy

I'm getting the feeling that owning a home is not going to be part of the next move. Once grad school is done in ... 3 years? ... who knows where my classroom might be?

Trying to sell this house only a year after buying it will be disastrous economically, especially without the company picking up all the costs of the sale they way they usually do. Yuk. So why get in that same situation again?

It would make more sense to rent a townhouse or something, and get used now to yet another reduction in lifestyle and space, so as to eventually get down to spending what a schoolteacher can afford. Getting expenses well below income is going to be pretty critical to build some savings back up and make the next few years work.

This is kind of like starting over... except I'm not 24!

I just feel like it on certain days. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?