Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March

March.. March.. March..

Just the sound of it makes you think of moving ahead, of progress, of new life, of hope springing eternal.

A while back I had a view of what this March would bring. It sure has turned out differently than I thought, as has this vacation.

So here I sit in Cedar Rapids, IA, having biscuits & gravy with some nasty tasting coffee that I had to over-sweeten to get down, wondering what happened to March. Not to mention wondering what will happen next?

Why Cedar Rapids, you ask? Why not? I'm directionless, so...

Besides, I ran out of gas here, so it seemed like a good idea to stay over. I got myself "a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price" with a light left on for me. Plus the local Target has a wine department - that came in pretty handy last night.

There are some perfectly lovely sights to behold in Cedar Rapids. Really! And did you know that it's the dog food capital of the Midwest? You betcha!

(Sigh)

The recruiter called this morning. Still no resolution to which Twin Cities I'll be working in, and no timetable for knowing, so I guess I might as well go home tomorrow. Not that anyplace is home anymore. I thought I knew. I used to be able to name a place that felt like it.. but now - I don't know what to call home. I thought there was a place for me somewhere, and that this week would just confirm what I already knew All it's done so far is make me feel more homeless.

If March is so hopeful... why do I feel so melancholy?

Hey, Buddy. Pass the sugar, would ya? This is going to have to get a whole lot sweeter for me to get it down...

No comments:

Who links to my website?