Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome to Fabulous Osh Vegas!

Yup. Know the place. Spent a week there one night...



Thursday night flew by, as did Friday, but Friday night seemed like it was a whole week long. Being in Oshkosh alone on a Friday night is ... not so great.



The lake is pretty, but I would have rather had someone there to walk with me. But even if I would have.. the flies were nasty. So much for the outdoors. :(

Went shopping Friday instead. The Gap Outlet! Nice men's stuff, cheap. It was styled a little young, but.. some of it worked on me. ;) Like about... $47 worth?



But Saturday morning before heading home - I dropped by the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) museum, and that was sorta fun.

I attach some pictures for those of you who have never gone, or.. maybe would like to *say* you've gone but haven't really. ;) You can even download the photos I took and share with family and friends. You hereby have my permission.



Of course there were colorful and unusual aircraft everywhere.



Loads of them.





One of the more interesting parts was seeing SpaceShipOne, the first commercial venture to leave earth and go into space. What a cool looking craft. They had a video of an interview of the pilot/astronaut describing the experience.

A really fun thing about it was - they had a video camera in the cockpit that recorded the whole experience. He smuggled some M&Ms onto the ship in a pocket in his pressure suit. And when he hit 0Gs, and went weightless, he opened the pocket and scattered the M&Ms in the air, so there he is in space with colorful candies floating all around him in all directions. So cool. :)



And speaking of M&Ms... there was apparently going to be a wedding reception in the lower level later that day, and it was all decorated for the reception, complete with party favors at each place setting. Well.. no one was around, so.. I went to look.



They were black & white M&Ms, mixed with little white bell-shaped candies, in small translucent plastic boxes embossed with "love."

I wondered if they were really M&Ms, or.. maybe the couple getting married just happen to have initials like, say - M and W, for instance. Then, whichever way you look at the candy - it's one of them. :)

You know, like... Maggie and Walter, or um.. Martha and William, or um.. Mona and.. and.. Wendell? (Okay, I'm running out of W names.)



And then I wondered if you could custom-order M&Ms with phrases on them. Like, say - "love you forever" or "better together" or something like that. Your initials.. a phrase that means something to you.. hm. Don't they do that?

Well, just a romantic thought, triggered by thinking about a wedding or something, I guess. But I like it. It could happen, you know - in a perfect world.



So, a visit to Osh Vegas. Kinda lonesome in parts. But it turned out to have some nice features to it after all. :)

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

FYI- yep u can get customized M&M's- think of the possibilites for uh,I don't know ur significant other's code name on here, but here's the link :-)
http://www.mymms.com/customprint/?src=111790&sc_cid=C_MN_37_N00_MA8C0N00CMN37111
& u can be an M&M too. . .my yahoo! avatar looks creepily like me. . .

Who links to my website?