Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's May!

Must be.

The tulips are starting to show off what they've got.


And they don't do that for just any old month. They wait for the right one to come along.

As further evidence, the hen in our mallard pair is almost on the nest,






with the drake trading off between rounding up dinner and pulling guard duty when the crows come around. The crows and the drake actually fight! Yikes!




That plus a new distance mark for me on the track Tuesday. I've never run 2 1/2 miles in my life! Not even in my twenties. And to keep the pace below 10:00/mile that whole time is a pretty big deal for an old guy like me.

Must be May. Can't think of anything else that would explain all this.

Hope it's a good month all around. It won't all be easy.. but it could all be good. For my part.. I'll try.

:)

No comments:

Who links to my website?