Thursday, May 15, 2008

A lovely day to drive

Getting behind the wheel for a good long drive always lifts my spirits! 
 
(as long as it isn't fighting rain or heavy traffic - worse, yet, both - then it's the opposite.)
 
Today was no exception.  How can there be anything wrong in the world when you have a clear day, a nice car to drive, the open road in front of you, very little traffic, and no clock to punch?  :)
 
Sure, there was a destination in front of me, and an agenda..  but that could wait.  I didn't really have to think about it.  No interaction, no talking; plenty of time for that tomorrow.  For now, just listen to music, look at the scenery, eat some snacks, and.. drive, baby, drive.
 
This must have been like Whitman or Thoreau felt when you got places by walking or on horseback. 
 
Or maybe not.  ;)  But I like to think so.
 
 

No comments:

Who links to my website?