Tuesday, May 13, 2008

fruits

In TS503 the other night, we were discussing Galatians 5 and how to discern the Holy Spirit's presence in a church or person, and we spent some time in verses 22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

This is, of course, in contrast with the 3 prior verses which list the obvious immoral deeds of the fallen human nature, against which the Spirit in us contends for dominance.

It occurred to me that I might spend some of the energies I use for writing haiku (which are usually so full of human emotions and experiences), to try to describe these fruits of the Spirit.

I took a crack at the first three, and will work on the rest over Memorial Day weekend while off at camp, cut off from cyberspace.

Comments welcome. :) There's still time to edit before I submit them to Christianity Today.



Yeah. Like they have a poetry corner.

Maybe Relevant magazine. They might bite.

No comments:

Who links to my website?