Sunday, May 18, 2008

Joy comes in the morning

Psalm 30:4-5

Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.



All right, Lord.. here it is Sunday morning and I do give you praise and thanks for all you've done for me. You are not angry with me. I know I have your favor. You have shown me your kindness and your mercy, and have done the same for those I love.

So... anytime now with the joy thing. How's it coming with that?

3 comments:

Future Urban Planner said...

C'mon Bob. You of all people, who sometimes favor taking the Spartan Calvinist theological road know that we don't truly "deserve" God's joy. His grace and mercy should truly be sufficient, but we live in more self-centered lives, none excepted here. But be patient little sheep. Your Shepherd has not forgotten you nor not been deaf to your cries. It hurts Him more not to pour out His blessings upon you than it does for you to stand there, kneel there, prostrate yourself before Him without an answer. Remember never to mistake His silence for indifference. Easy to hear. Hard to apply. Yet each day we grow closer to knowing Him fuller.

Anonymous said...

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.

Bill said...

Yeah.

And if nothing else is good ... my memories are. :)

Who links to my website?