Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tis the season.. for tendonitis?

The first Christmas cards of the season arrived.. last week already! Two of my nieces (sisters) each sent one, arriving a day apart, and I had to wonder if they had a bet on to see which one would finish her card list first! ;)

Anyway, I guess it's official, the card & letter season has begun. Ours are in the process of getting out the door..

And with a foot of snow on the ground, it has looked like that season for some time now. No ice so far, yet, thankfully. Only thing ice is good for (except in a gin & tonic) is for applying to various and sundry body parts. :(

(I'll bet that was a segue, what do you think?)

So what's the tendonitis reference in the title for?

Gee, thanks for asking. :P

I was in this routine of running a couple of times a week and doing a little strength training, too - once/twice a week. I had just increased the weights, and began to notice that there was a pulling in my left (weaker) forearm, just inside the elbow heading down toward the wrist. Just seemed a little weak and sore at times. Could still lift, though, no problem.

So I asked a co-worker in KC (via IM) what he thought, as he was a lifter once upon a time. He said: "you've inflamed the tendon. Stop lifting for a while. Let it rest."

That was 2 weeks ago. It doesn't hurt quite as much, but now the pulling is traveling up from the elbow toward the shoulder. What's up with that? And how long does this stuff take to settle down?

I mean.. I have a snow football game coming up at Christmas with the brothers-in-law and the next generation coming up behind them (including J2), so.. I gotta be ready to play! I'm gonna feel like Brett Favre I think.. playing at less than 100% but still able to work miracles on the field. :)

Yeah, dream on, Bob.. your kid is gonna level you.. you'll be watching the action go by, lying on your back. ;)

No comments:

Who links to my website?