Thursday, December 13, 2007

'Roid Rage

I'm starting to think there's something to it.

For the last 4 years I've been following the direction of this endocrinologist to deal with a whacked-out pituitary and its effects on the rest of my endocrine system, and one of the medications required is this synthetic testosterone goop I have to slather on every morning. I guess that's better than getting shots..

Actually it's kind of creepy and cool at the same time to have all this "CIII controlled substance" stuff in my house.. legally, of course. Sometimes I dream of being in front of a grand jury alongside Barry Bonds. "No, your honor, I've never knowingly supplied Mr. Bonds with any illegal substance.." ewwww..

Anyway, Monday the bottle's little pumping mechanism (it dispenses controlled dosages of the aforementioned controlled substance) was sticking and I had to pull it up after each pump. Then pop! All of a sudden I have a whole handful of it! Rats! Now what? You can't put it back in the bottle.. oh, what the heck. If some is good, more is..

..not advisable!

I was climbing the walls all afternoon. Edgy? Oh, my! Any little irritation was cause for a tantrum! I can't remember the last time I used language like that. :( Good thing D was at school registering for classes. I worried *myself*, I was acting so weird. I can't imagine how much I would have worried anyone else.

It finally started to wear off on my way to teach my math class for Stritch. Listening to Fiona Apple in the car helped a bit. She's even stranger and angrier than I felt. ;)

So.. no more being cavalier with the dosage! :( Any excess goes down the drain. Yikes!

No comments:

Who links to my website?