Monday, December 03, 2007

Back in the classroom

tonight - on the other side of the podium again. :)

Not for long, just a quick 8 weeks (with two of those off for holidays). Cardinal Stritch needed an instructor, and it only overlaps with my January seminary class for 3 weeks, and that on a different night. Plus, it's a class I taught in July, and I have all my prep done already, so.. I took it!

The pay isn't much, just enough to cover the cost of that new sleeper sofa in the room where J2 will sleep when he comes home, but that's not why I do it. I'm just glad for the chance to keep my hand in. I think adjuncting for one class over the Winter break and one or two in Summer is just right. These little 6 week classes are perfect for that.

The only bad thing about it is that I have to dress decently. :( Dress shirt & pants, dress shoes.. ugh! I'm so used to working in a t-shirt & shorts.. and I wear jeans to church (nice ones!).. business dress seems like a step backwards! ;)

D asked this morning if this is something that I can look forward to.. get a little joy from. Yeah. :) I can.

Hmmm... I wonder if they need adjunct professors where she will be going to school. She'll be taking some math.. hmmm. Oh, the possibilities for extra credit assignments.. ;)

The sun came out this morning and baked the snow off the driveway. Love that southern exposure! :) Gee, it looks pretty out...

But oh, is it cold!! Zero. Brrrr... put de-icer in the gas tank this morning for the first time this season. And, like a numbskull, ran it through the car wash to get the slush from the weekend off. Now I probably won't be able to open the doors to drive to class - they'll be frozen shut. :(

1 comment:

Eliz said...

haha... i'm just now getting out my scarf.. and tonight it's time for ultimate frisbee in shorts and maybe a long sleeve shirt will be necessary.

but the mountains got snow... (ok so it didn't stick.. it counts though!)

Who links to my website?