Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kiss & fly

Dropped J1 at the airport today to send her back to California. :( But we had a nice 3 hour drive together back from the extended-family-Christmas-thingie, plus lunch at a great little grungy truckstop diner. She is in a rockabilly/psychobilly phase right now, and the ourvre of the place suited her. ;) Yeah, that's what I mean, mama. Sweet.

It was a nice time at the in-laws, seeing lots of family and doing all the traditional goofy stuff we do. No snow football, though. The younger generation wimped out on us old guys. (I think they knew that they'd kill us..)

So we sang instead. :) J2, me, his cousin Paul and Uncle Carl threw together an acappella vocal jazz version of Jingle Bells, a'la Manhattan Transfer. It went .. um .. fine. ;)

That plus "family band" (cover your ears), presents, toasts with aakavit (skoal!), rullepolse smorgasbord, and pancake breakfast sort of rounded out the day. J2 and I took in a movie, and J1 had "girl talk" time with the younger girl cousins who hung on her every word about men. ;) It was a nice time all around.

Now back home to a driveway full of snow and a broken snowblower. Yuk. Shoveling by hand, I have to get creative to keep from thinking about how much I hate this.. so I tried to make the five bars from the AT&T commercials (or is it Sprint?) in the driveway. I think it turned out looking more like lines of cocaine (ha - like I would know about such things..)



No comments:

Who links to my website?