Friday, November 09, 2007

Planning Vacation

is a little different with this company. You can't roll days over to the next year. They really want you to use them up!

How refreshing. :)

Of course, in a short year, I don't get that many. So a long weekend here, a few days around Christmas, and.. done. But next year, goodness me! I think I'll pretty often be extending my business trips.

If I go to a conference or seminar (which I'll have to do a fair amount - there are Continuing Ed requirements I have to meet), and it's somewhere *other than* KC, I just may make it a couple of days longer and see the sights, you know?

Especially when my destination is the company HQ in Zurich! Woo! The alps.. finally. Northern Italy, Austria.. mmm. So what if it's winter? It's pretty then. :)

And then there's the actuarial convention in November '08 - Seattle. Haven't been there since middle school (or as it used to be called back in the day - Junior High.)

Plus a conference in Boston in March (maybe a side trip to NH?), another in Boca Raton in May (ick, too hot by then already!), and who knows what else. And when D heads to California in January to see her girlfriends (& J1).. hmmm.. where to go? South? As in deep?

Of course there's my school schedule to consider. The problem with night classes is that you can't miss more than two per quarter. And when a business trip falls on a Tuesday night.. there goes one. :( So, this is all nice to think about but.. I have to pay attention to these other commitments, too.

And then there's all the things going with the Rites (of Welcome, Sending, Election) and then Ash Wednesday and all the events during Holy Week this year which will commit me to stay put. So, vacation? Ha.. I'll have to grab it when I can.

No comments:

Who links to my website?