Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Airports

I hate them.

I'm keeping careful track on this trip to KC of the elapsed time from door to door, now that I'm flying instead of driving.

I already know that it's cheaper to drive. If I stay at least three days, the combined cost of airplane ticket, car rental (there) and airport parking (here) is already more expensive than the mileage they'd have to pay me if I drove my own vehicle the 450 miles each way.

And if I only shave an hour or two off the time it takes to drive.. just avoiding the aggravation of the airport will be worth it! No place have I found a better description of the reasons I prefer to drive than in this Opus cartoon (click to enlarge.) I feel like he does.. poor penguin. :( Wait, wait.. today it's poor ME!



No comments:

Who links to my website?