Friday, November 23, 2007

A good day

yesterday. About a 3 hour drive to bro-in-law's house for dinner, TV football (Packers/Lions), pinochle, drawing names (amongst the siblings, and again amongst the cousins) for Christmas gift exchanges. Wrote new lyrics to an oldie of a song for another (absent) bro-in-law's upcoming birthday. Met with consensus approval. :)

Which is better than my carrot soup fared - opinions were about as mixed on that as they are on cooked red cabbage. :( But Mom-in-law will make it for her cooking club next week! So.. a small victory, anyway. I think I'll do cauliflower-leek for Christmas. :)

Another 3 hour drive back home, good conversation en route with D about the church and authority, and a 10:30 PM conference call with India to wrap it up. All told, not a bad Thanksgiving. The only thing missing.. was J1 and J2. I think this is the first time ever that at least one of them wasn't there. :( Christmas, though.. should be better.

Hope it was a good day for all you readers! I have much to be thankful for, both close at hand and far away. :) Maybe you feel the same.

No comments:

Who links to my website?