Saturday, March 21, 2009

You. Twit?

Not ARE you... DO you?

I signed up for Twitter, yes, just to see how it worked.  But... what's it for?  I mean, with Facebook and a blog to post my thoughts and activities for whatever audience chooses to look at them... what's the added utility of Twitter?  So far, I can't see it.  I'm already pretty close to stream-of-consciousness posting as it is.  ;)  

Now, I CAN see it as helpful for businesses who want instantaneous, real-time feedback on what they're doing.  It's like an instant focus group from the young and tech-savvy marketing segment.  Trot out a new product or ad campaign and - boom!  Feedback!

So now my grad school is getting in on the trend.  Jeepers, Molly, is nothing sacred?  Seminaries on Twitter?  The academy of high theological learning... wired?  

Join Bethel Seminary on Twitter

Twitter is a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time. Millions of people stay in touch with friends, family, and favorite organizations on Twitter.

You can now keep up to date on what's going on at Bethel Seminary on Twitter. Follow Bethel Seminary at: http://twitter.com/BethelSeminary

It is a great way to keep up on events, news, and important information.

Don't have a free Twitter account yet? Sign up today!

(Sigh.)  No, thanks.  Not yet.  

I'm waiting for when they implant a chip in my skull and tie it in to my neural pathways so that I can just "think" words and pictures into cyberspace, and see my contacts' instant reactions to it on the heads-up display projected on my retinal walls (inverted and flipped horizontally, of course, so it looks normal.)  

Instead of Artificial Intelligence, it'll be like Artificial Telepathy.  

Cool.  I'd sign up.  

If you did.

No comments:

Who links to my website?