Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stalkers and Purgatory

No, they don't really go together, except in this little post of mine.  
Or maybe they do. Anyway, I just happened to read two disparate comments which caught my attention, in the same hour.  

One was by Bill Maher, in an interview by Rolling Stone magazine (to which I now subscribe, along with Men's Journal, thanks to freebies from Amazon.com.)  In a political context, Maher referred briefly to hard-right-wingers being like stalkers in that "rejection just makes them crazier". 

Hey.  That's why a truly bipartisan approach to the stimulus package would have helped, Bill.  Seriously.  Like, suppose I'm a hard-right-winger... oops, I mean a stalker (and understand - this is only from speculation, not experience.  Really!) and you are someone who is trying to move forward without problems from me.  It's simple, really:  
just make sure I don't feel rejected!  

Make sure I feel loved and wanted.  Reinforce.  Then I will behave better, and probably cooperate with you.  Unless I'm a psychopath. :)

I wonder if Nancy Pelosi has ever been stalked.  Or if Rush Limbaugh has ever been a stalker.  Hm.

The other comment that caught my attention was by Greg Boyd, a mega-church evangelical pastor, on his blog today.  He lends support to the Catholic idea of purgatory.  Woohoo!  :) Yeah, baby!  

But of course, he does NOT lend support to the notion of granting indulgences, which is lately making a comeback.  :(  I mean, there's only so much pre-reformation Catholicism an evangelical can take...

I wonder how long stalkers have to be in purgatory.  I know, I know, time has no meaning there, it's essentially instantaneous, but still..
I would guess it's less of a chunk of (instantaneous) time than for Wall Street tycoons or bonus-collecting executives at AIG.  

Isn't it?

No comments:

Who links to my website?