Friday, March 06, 2009

They don't call 'em Snowdrops for nothin'!



Look closely now; it's white on white.  (click pic to enlarge)





aww... yeah. :)




So with the first snowdrops of the season starting to pop out, can Daylight Savings Time be far behind?

Not anymore it can't. It's like... THIS WEEKEND! Yikes!

I was grousing about it the other day. It's such a headache. And in a global marketplace, it makes no sense; it's American parochialism at work again. I have to make India adjust our standing meetings to adapt to this silly timekeeping notion of ours. Why not just have it be daylight savings time all year 'round, instead of switching? I mean, we're already at 3/4 of the year as it is.

But today... I think I have a happy reason for DST. I think it's properly set up now to coincide with when flowers are blooming. It's not just Daylight we're saving... it's "flower watching time" we're saving. :) This way, we have another hour of light when most of us are off-duty but still awake & alert, and can spend a little more time enjoying the flowers that bloom from now until Standard time returns.

It isn't about farming, it isn't about school, it isn't about energy... 
it's all about the flowers!

No comments:

Who links to my website?