Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Purple Peppers

at the Farmers' Market yesterday.  They're kind of Vikings-colored. And if green and purple ones are out now, can yellow, red and orange bell peppers be far behind?  So out came the chopping knife and into the freezer they went!

Zucchini and eggplant were there, too, and the year's first sweet corn! Plus, there are still fresh green beans and berries.  Tomatoes, cauliflower.  Next week maybe I'll get kohlrabi, if I can figure out what to do with it.  I love this time of year.  :)

I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but here's what $20 buys around here:





Yeah, it's a little blurry, but.. I was so excited!  ;)  Oh, and in the upper right corner you can see my raspberries infusing into white vinegar for a raspberry vinaigrette.  Should be almost ready..

No comments:

Who links to my website?