Wednesday, July 02, 2008

In Training

...for a 5K run. :)

I just signed up for one on 7/12. Now I *really* have to push myself so that I'm not embarrassed publicly. :P

It would be great if I could finish in under 30 minutes, but at this point.. I just want to finish, still running. :)

Should be nice (and fairly cool at 8AM), running around Como Lake, which is in a picturesque near-in neighborhood with quaint little Cape Cod homes ringing the small lake. Plus, at the adjoining zoo I can go ride the carousel afterwards and cool off. ;)

There's a $20 entry fee, but.. it's a charity event for a diabetes foundation, and that's a cause dear to my heart, given that my parents and siblings all had it, one actually dying from it. Besides that, I've just gotten off the medicine I used to take for it, and running (even though I still hate it) was a big reason why.

So.. 5K, here I come!

Can I run a distance I haven't finished yet? My friend SQ says "yeah, if you're already running 2.5 miles, then the rest is all mental." Right. Tell that to my legs.

I'm apprehensive... but excited! :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?