Thursday, July 03, 2008

Going the (5K) distance

Made it. :)

Not all running, but... out of 43 laps around the track (3.1 miles), only 5 laps were a brisk walk. Just enough to catch my breath.

And even with that, I was just 36 seconds above my time goal. So... if I don't overdo it and get all sore, I probably have 3 more workouts left to get that time down, and run the whole distance.

As incentive to pick up the pace, I am picking about 30 minutes' worth of good running songs to put on my iPod Shuffle, including one by Sinatra that is just the perfect tempo to keep me going at about the 2 mile mark, and a great closer by the Pogues to help me find a little extra at the finish line. Here's the tentative song list (subject to revision after the next practice run):

Song/Band/Album/Time

Hot Pot Boogie/Indigo Swing/Red Light/3:04
On Her Majesty's Secret Service/ Propellerheads/Decksanddrumsandrockandroll/9:23
Shine/Frank Vignola's Hot Club USA/Django Lives/4:07
Whadaya Want?/Casey MacGill & The Spirits Of Rhythm/Jump/3:17
Luck Be a Lady/Frank Sinatra/Sinatra Reprise/5:16
History Repeating/Propellerheads/Decksanddrumsandrockandroll/4:05
Bright Lights/The Pogues/Pogue Mahone/2:33

Wonder what number I'll get to wear in the race? Hope it's a lucky one... like #5 maybe. I like five. It was lucky for me in Vegas at the roulette wheel - my last $5 on #5 sent me home a winner.

So yeah, 5. Or 555. Or something. Five is just a really good number. ;)

(Especially for a 5K run...)

No comments:

Who links to my website?