Friday, July 11, 2008

All Wrapped Up

Had my last session with Dr. Shrink-wrap. :)

The last planned one, anyway.

He offered "booster shot" sessions if I feel I need them sometime. Like when I ... oh, never mind. ;)

So we talked through the process of doing a periodic self-evaluation, a sort of "taking stock" of how I'm doing on the major areas we worked on together. I have a mental checklist of about a half dozen topics that he suggested I review roughly once a month to see how I'm doing.

I'll spare you the boring details. The point is, I've learned to catch myself thinking wrongly. I've learned the key areas in which I do that, how I view myself, and mostly why. I've learned how to stand outside myself a bit and assess the machinations of my emotions and thoughts.

Now, I need to continue to apply what I've learned and ask myself regularly how it's going. One Sunday afternoon a month ought to do it. Starting maybe... mid-August. There's a few events between now and then that I'll be able to look back on and check my reactions to things. :)

So, the "taking stock" sessions go in the calendar through 2009. That's long enough for now.

He was really helpful; but it feels good to be done. And better. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?