Friday, July 25, 2008

Introducing... The Beetles!

the Japanese Beetles. :(

Stinking little things. I discovered holes chewed in some grapevine leaves a week or two ago. Just two leaves on one plant. I didn't think much of it.

Then, a few days later, I saw one of these sitting on it:


Creepy.

And if I don't stop them, they do this:


It just so happens that grape leaves are one of their favorite foods, as well as roses. So out came the sprayer, squirt, squirt, squirt. And while I'm away, D is on bug patrol.

I suppose they have as much right to live as any organism, but that doesn't give them license to destroy my plants!

Grrrr... Eat somewhere else, buglets.

As for me, I'm heading home.  It's about time I head back... to right where I belong. :)



(blogger's note: the Three Track Party post is updated for pictures. well, all right, only one, but.. it's cool.)

No comments:

Who links to my website?