Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What's cooking?

Um... chicken alfredo?

And this time I got to experiment with the sauce, and tweak the recipe to my liking. :) Added a teaspoon of minced onion and a 1/4 t. black pepper. Muuuuch better. More wax beans (nearly finished), some fresh strawberries from the farmer's market for dessert. Fresh flowers on the table from there, too.

On the job front, D's first day was today. But oh.. the benefits are *not* immediate. 30 days. :( Rats! Now I have to call the pharmacy and cancel the drugs. And also no psychobabble (that's me blathering to a shrink - excuse me, therapist) for a month at least. I suppose I'll last that long. ;)

Also on the job front, had another phone interview today, this time with a little company about 4 hours southeast of here. A big fish in a small pond kind of position, reporting to the CEO, setting up a new actuarial department. They seem nice, and want me to come down for an in-person interview soon. Working on dates for that..

And Thursday AM... I'm off to Missouri for the better part of three days. Wonder where that will lead? I'd like to think it would lead to a telecommuting role that I'd like, and allow us to stay put, but.. first the interview, *then* the offer. That's usually how it works.

No comments:

Who links to my website?