Saturday, July 07, 2007

Clueless and dripping

that's how I'll be this weekend.

It's supposed to be 95 and humid today and tomorrow, sticky-icky, w/lows in the 70s. So I'll be holed up in my lower level lounge just like a troll..

Ooooh! I know! I'll surface occasionally to see who's on the "Live Earth" concert on cable. Mmmm... just saw the Black Eyed Peas from London. Oh, they're my favorite. ;) Riiiight. Wait, wait! Ludacris is on! Even better! And now... it's AFI. Love the hair, dude. And the lip ring. mmhmm. Oh oh - a switch to London... and we have... The Pussycat Dolls. Hmmmm. I think I have a new favorite group. :P

Well, it's either that or Wimbeldon.. or the US Senior Men's Open from Whistling Straits in Kohler.. or the Dirty Dozen on AMC tonight.. sooooo many choices.

So that's the dripping part - or rather, trying to avoid dripping.

For the clueless part, still no feedback from the second phone interview except from my recruiter and she's paid to be positive, so I can pretty much ignore her comments like "Oh, don't worry... they really like you!" Yeah. Lots of people have - who I don't work for. :) So.. I have to wait until Monday to see if I get an invite to interview with them in person. Still the only thing in the Path A pipeline.

On Path B, the student housing person called - all the 3 bedroom campus apartments are taken, and did I want a 2 bedroom? Well... yeah. Occupancy August 20, with the lease coming next week, and then two weeks to pay the security deposit. So I have two weeks to figure out which mystery account of mine has the money for that.

Next week Monday I teach my first class as an adjunct professor. Hm. Maybe that can pay for the security desposit... 7 weeks from now. Hm. Anyway, it should be interesting to get into the classroom with bright and shining faces for 4 hours. :) Oh, yeah, they're adult commuter students.. how about tired and wrinkled faces? ;)

The school where I'm enrolled needs adjunct professors, too, I learned yesterday - for their undergrad programs. I inquired, they responded, asked for my resume (or as they say in academe, my curriculum vita), so I wait for that. The part-time jobs I applied for ... still waiting. WIll followup next week. The jobs D applied and interviewed for.. still waiting. Next week, too.

So.. I spend the weekend being clueless. And dripping.

Next week, it's supposed to cool off. That's one down.

For the other one... can I just get a clue, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CLUE: Teach the class. See if you get a warm fuzzy. Give it your best shot. See if you enjoy it. I have a sneaking suspicion that you will. :)

Who links to my website?