Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Step Three? (on path A)

Just finished a second phone interview with a large privately held brokerage firm re: a job running their quantitative analysis department. It went well enough to prompt the EVP I spoke with to say that he would have his HR people send me some links to do some on-line "testing." Fun! Yuk..

Step three would be a trip in to their headquarters (where the job would also be housed - an 8 hour drive away from here) for a round of interviews with other people who would contribute to the hiring decision. I have no idea how soon that would happen. A week? Three? I also have no idea yet if the fit would be a good one. I know I could do the work, but ... the people and culture? Too soon to say.

No other interviews (in my field) in the pipeline, although my recruiter is chasing some down. In the meantime (on path B), the realtor comes Thursday to talk about listing the house. I'm still waiting on news from the financial aid dept. of the Seminary here, and D has applied for a job at the university on which she's also awaiting word. Maybe a tuition discount could emerge from that?

Stay tuned. More news when I have it.

No comments:

Who links to my website?