Monday, September 10, 2007

Wrapping up and settling in

When I headed out on Thursday for a couple of days, I prayed for clarity (and closure, if needed) in certain unsettled areas of my life, including that last lingering job interview. Hm. It turned out to be more of a vounteer consulting assignment where I simply got my expenses covered, rather than an interview.

Still, it seemed good to help them think about what kind of person they need to hire, and I felt like I was helpful to them. Nice people.. just not ready to make a hiring decision; that may be months and months off. Too long for me to wait! They understood, and were appreciative of the time I spent with them discussing possibilities, even if those possibilities didn't include me. :)

It was a good trip all around, though. And I got the clarity I wanted. Good clarity. The kind that brings resolution and peace of heart.

So, back at the ranch.. wrapping up a few items of unfinished business. Like putting up the record racks in my lounge! :)














And, rearranging some of the decorations..







Plus, place my textbook order for Systematic Theology class, send off for a little decorative window film for the lounge windows, put down a deposit on a few winter-hardy grapevines for Spring planting.. ahhh. Nice to know where I'll be for a while, and can finish getting settled.

Now, only one more week of unemployment! A few more exotic meals to cook, winemaking equipment to unpack and arrange, one last test to correct so I can turn in grades that are due this week, and.. order some new home-office furniture and supplies from the on-line catalog my new company emailed to me.

Getting ready for a long steady stretch coming up, on many fronts, I hope. Long, steady, and.. happy? That'd be nice. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?