Saturday, September 29, 2007

Riding in the dark

My buddy from Nashotah, the Lutheran/Baptist/Catholic/Episcopal soldier/politician/pastor/professor, came up last night for a seminar downtown this weekend. I grilled a nice filet of salmon (in tinfoil with olive oil, dill, lemon & capers - mmmm..), broke open a Wollersheim Prairie Fume', and talked a little theology. Fun!

We also talked about the American Anglican church (read: Episcopal) as a potential spot for me to continue exploring.. sacramental, but reformation-based. Maybe. We'll see. :)

Then D & I went out for coffee, a long talk, and bike shopping. Happy birthday(s)! :) Found a pair of matching his/her Schwinns at Target for $99 each. Cute! Just right for putting around the neighborhood.

The tires were low, and rather than stuff both of them in the back of the Jeep and risk scratching them all up so soon, we went to the gas station a block away, filled up the tires, and I rode mine home the 3 miles or so, at 9:00 at night. Flying downhill in the dark, with only the occasional street light or car headlights to help me see was kind of a thrill. :) Yeah, I know.. simple pleasures for simple people..

I had forgotten that when you ride bike, you don't realize you're getting hot, because of the breeze in your face. But when you stop... whoo... I was working! Anyway, it felt good to ride in the dark. Even if the seat *was* about a foot too low.

No comments:

Who links to my website?