Friday, September 14, 2007

Therapy, schmerapy

What did I think he was going to say, anyway? Snap his fingers and just solve things? Have me recite some magic mantra that will make pain go away?

What he *did* say that I think is right to the point is that it's a good thing I will be in orientation all next week in a real office. It will make it easier to keep my mind off what's eating at me, if I am trying to assimilate a bunch of new information, and having to deal with a bunch of strange new people. Less time to think and mope. Not as easy to be in a blue funk as if I were sitting at home. A big distraction is good sometimes. Not forever, we still need to deal with it, but.. during the worst part, it can help.

Yeah, I get that. He's right. Then maybe when I'm back and starting to work, I'll feel enough of a sense of urgency to get started on my assignments and show some progress (since I'll be down there again the first week in October, the boss tells me), that there'll be little time to think.

People tell me that it works - keep yourself busy so you don't think as much. I'll try it. I haven't been busy for quite a while. And like they say about idle hands (and, I suppose, an idle mind)...

yeah.

So, this afternoon for instance, I think I'll try to busy myself with some stuff, whether I'm in the mood for it or not. Like beef tenderloin with mustard & capers sauce for dinner. Like unpacking my winemaking stuff in the basement, organizing it. Like putting up the decorative window film in the lounge (it arrived today. Cool!)

Keep busy, buddy.

And don't even think about that 7 hour drive alone on Sunday..

No comments:

Who links to my website?