Wednesday, August 24, 2005

They're Dropping Like Flies

Everybody but the customer service & sales people in this office are going to have to either move or leave. We've all been waiting to hear what our options are, and only 2 weeks ago nobody knew anything. All of a sudden, decisions have been made and people are announcing what they're doing and where they're going. Some are headed to other offices in other roles, a few are promotions but most are not. Some are staying here and "bumping" other people from their jobs who are less senior than they are.

Maybe half of the people's situations now are decided and they're starting to leave for other assignments. I'm starting to feel left out...

Of course that's silly, when I have a lot of activity going on like I do, many situations to explore, etc. But, that's the point, too, I guess. I'm still exploring, and they are - moving to new assignments. In the beginning I didn't think I'd make use of all the time they gave us until we'd have to leave, but now I'm thinking I might even be between jobs and living off the severance for a few weeks.

The interviews with the company in Schaumburg are delayed a week, at least. The company an hour West of here is also delaying to hear from their parent company in Switzerland about authorization for one of the jobs... I had hoped all the interviews would be behind me by Labor Day, but... nope. There's a good side to it, of course. More time to fix up things in the house before it gets listed (living room carpet, updating Jonny's bathroom, new blinds in his bedroom, etc.). And, more time with the people I've come to know and love here... even though they've already gotten used to the idea of saying goodbye, but nobody's leaving. :) Well, more time also to put off those last tears...

I still don't want to go.

No comments:

Who links to my website?