Saturday, August 27, 2005

One Down, One to Go

Jenny got her job at the Art Institute, and starts Monday! Yay! They told her that after 30 days she's eligible to post for other jobs within, which hopefully will lead to a "living wage" and benefits. I'm excited for her!

Jonny called and said he is NOT coming home this weekend (even though his roomie offered a ride). But, he sent dirty clothes along with the roomie to be washed and returned. :) Figures...

Also, next weekend (Labor Day) he says he won't be home either. Too much to do on campus. :)

But we had big plans! :( Oh well, I suppose this is what it will be like now. I am so glad that he is focusing forward instead of back to high school. This is how it should be, and it's clear now he's turned the corner on clinging to his past. Wish his old man could...

Jenny may have to work that weekend, and so she is not coming home either. :( Hm. I didn't think this would bother me but it sort of does. I'll have to accept it as normal now, though. They have better things to do - forward looking things. Guess I have the whole weekend free now... I might be able to find something to do. :)

Now if I could just get a job. The trip to Des Moines (DSM) was good. Nice conversations with some very senior people, but no specific jobs at all - just conversations. I'm not sure who is going to be getting back to me there and when. I'll send thank you's on Monday, and return the expense account form to them, but I have no expectations that this is going to produce a job offer. I think I'll mentally move it to the back burner.

They hooked me up with a realtor at the end of the day. Who are they kidding? A realtor, when there's no specific job being discussed? Seems a little premature... Plus, the guy was unbelievable. Worse than a chatty cab driver with personal problems. Really off the dial. Being alone in the airport was preferable to him...

So, interviews in Chicago Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe one more, sometime, with the company an hour West of here, and then I think that the lot. Nothing else on the horizon, and I'll have to pick from this bunch. Ha - listen to me... I'll have to pick... I got nuttin' to pick from, man! That interview suit had better start producing! :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?