Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Accel/Decel

Things seem to be speeding up in some areas and slowing down in others. The Atlanta job possibility has speeded up, with a day (9A-4P) of on-site interviewing in the company HQ (about 3 hours from here) on Monday the 8th. Will drive up the night before and come back the evening of the 8th. Two additional phone interviews on that job (with people who will be out on the 8th) are now set for later this week, Thursday and Friday.

The Chicago Loop job wants another phone interview with a person from their HQ in Texas before I come down for a face-face session. That call is also on Friday of this week, and then the in-person discussion in Chicago is set for the 18th, the day before we deliver Jonny to college, also in the Chicago area.

Finally, for the New England opportunity, it looks like the interview trip will be pushed off to the week of the 22nd. I think I'm going to benefit from the 90 days notice I got...

The recruiter emailed today with an update on another company in Chicago (burbs, thankfully) who she thought might be interested. The Sr VP there did express interest, but has been traveling, and the recruiter thinks I should hear from them next week.

One of the sales guys in the office suggested I talk to some local brokerage firms he knows to see if any of them may need a finance/customer service/admin executive to manage a portion of their business. He will give me some contact names and I'll talk to them shortly - never hurts to ask - especially if it's local. I have lots of reasons to want to stay local... :)

And this just in... a contact from my networking efforts just produced a phone call. An old friend at a company in Ohio sent my resume' to a co-worker who is someone I used to work with in the late 90's. He wants to talk to me about opportunities there. Probably tomorrow.

Well, actually - today. Called Ohio to set up a call for tomorrow and wound up having it today. Several people there "eager" to talk with me, including some from outside my professional discipline. They will now set up a day of interviews and fly me in. Wow - makes your head spin... but in a good way... :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?