Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So how do you feel about Cleveland?

Fortunately, nobody's asked me that yet, and I have nothing against Cleveland exactly - I mean, a nice new ballpark, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... but - I don't want to move there. Now Des Moines on the other hand... yeah, baby! :)

Got a call today from an HR person about a job in Des Moines. Nothing specific as to what it would be, rather an exploratory interview to have me meet a bunch of people. Kind of like the New England visit will be on the 22nd. This Des Moines connection is a result of an old friend routing my resume' around his organization. It's nice to see that kind of networking result in something. Looks like the week of 8/15, or the following week, for the trip to DSM (so much easier than typing Des Moines).

Another call expressing interest came in today. :) This time for jobs in Chicago, but the O'Hare area - much friendlier. Exploratory only, but hopefully it will turn into an interview.

Talked with the recruiter today about the Chicago loop job. She will tell them that I'm only interested in continuing to discuss, if I can work out of my house and be in the Loop 2 days a week. They probably won't go for it, but that's OK - I won't go for it their way. Fussy, fussy...

I think I'm developing a little bit of backbone. There's enough activity out there that I'm not going to have to grab at just anything. It will need to suit me. My, that sounds confident, doesn't it? :) We'll see how firm that resolution is when the layoff date is closer...

No comments:

Who links to my website?