Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Developments

Another job within the organization opened up today, and I would be a candidate for it. But, it's a downtown Chicago loop location again. How can I consider that, if I just passed on the other loop job outside the company? Maybe I should give more consideration to this one since it preserves the retirement options, etal, but that commute just scares me. If only I didn't get motion sick, I could take the train. I wonder if there's an older but decent neighborhood near in, where the cost is not prohibitive like a downtown condo would be, and the commute would be mercifully short on my queasy stomach...

On the other side, a local non-profit turned me down today for a VP of finance job. I really didn't expect them to consider me anyway, but you keep trying.

Jonny's last day at his summer job was today. He works for a printer and comes home filthy. But he makes $100 a day, and for him - that's good. 3 days work and you've got an nice iPod! So, tomorrow - he starts packing for college. Yay!

No comments:

Who links to my website?