Monday, October 19, 2009

Wild Wintergreen



Actually got to chew some on Sunday. :)



Now I can see what the artificial flavor is based on; the natural stuff is better (of course). Where did I find it, you ask? My sister & husband have this little cabin in the northwoods of NE Wisconsin, and I hadn't seen it before, so it was time for a visit.



It was about a two hour drive from the big city to their "fire lane" (what passes for a street in the backwoods),



and I finally could see some tall white birch in gold leaf.



No sugar maples on their 8 acres, but a beautiful little brook at the south end. Lovely setting.



So even if next weekend is rainy and I'm stuck inside, at least for one day I got to tramp around in the woods, rustle through the leaves,



and watch the chipmunks scurrying around getting their cache of nuts ready for winter. Nice day. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?