Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally! A decent Fall day.



I was about to call 2009 "the year that October forgot".


But yesterday was gorgeous, just the way you want October to be: sunny, 50-55, no breeze, leaf color showing up. Lovely.


I prowled about a bit, and took a drive down Summit Avenue all the way to its Western end at the Mississippi River. On the way, I passed St. Thomas University. Lovely old neo-gothic main building, and beautiful homes lining the street. Kind of reminiscent of the Highland Park neighborhood in Milwaukee.

Then at the end of the street, there is an overlook above the river,








with a WWI memorial.



Pretty little spot, where finally some leaf color was beginning to show itself.



Turning around and heading back, St. Paul (Catholic) Seminary looked nice in the afternoon light.



I'll be back there Friday morning to chat with the guy who's in charge of Diaconate Formation for the Archdiocese. Just discussion at this point, nothing definite. I need to finish Seminary first!



Anyway, a lovely afternoon to finish one of my books for GC505DE, this one on how postmodern people come to faith. Interesting ideas, but.. a discussion for another time. :)



Hopefully today is just as beautiful as we head over to Spooner to see my sister & husband as they close up the cabin for the season. And just as hopefully, this kind of weather will persist into next weekend, so that my "retreat experience" is all I want it to be. mmhmm.

No comments:

Who links to my website?