Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Can Richie come out and play?

This morning I take off for New York and a couple days of business meetings with my new unit. Thankfully, it's not in Manhattan, but in one of the burbs in Westchester County, so I can avoid LaGuardia & Kennedy altogether.

I wonder if New Rochelle is around there.. you know, where Rob & Laura & little Richie lived when I was a kid. Richie was my age. I had such a crush on Laura Petrie. She was sort of like "my friend's hot mom" before there was such a genre. I think it was those black leotards she always wore around the house. Mmhmm. (at least, I think they were black. They could have been navy, but who could tell on a black & white TV?)

Ah well, Mary Tyler Moore is probably in an assisted living facility by now, if she's even still alive. And based on recent photos, Larry Mathews seems to have aged less gracefully than yours truly. :) So, I think I'll count my blessings, and not bother looking for Richie's old house. It probably won't look as good in color, anyway.

No comments:

Who links to my website?