Saturday, October 31, 2009

Another one?

Yawn. Another birthday.

Nothing exciting or memorable this year. No numbers ending in 0 or 5, no milestones. Which is fine by me. :) The less public fuss the better! (although private fuss is good.)

Now, using a birthday as an excuse to go out... that works. ;) And there is actually a mystery outing of some kind queued up for tonight, preceded by a stop at Penney's for some new "dress" t-shirts. You know, the kind you wear under a sportcoat, with jeans. Like that. Which also happens to be the dress code for the evening's activities. Hm. I wonder if... naaah.

So the house will be dark during trick or treat hours tonight. Too bad for you, little urchins. Street beggars, all. I'd love to leave my black-haired dog out in the yard to come rocketing toward you out of the dark should you dare enter a yard with no house lights on. It'd serve you right to get scared witless. Little trespassers. Sinners.

:P

Okay, I'm not actually all that mean. I'm really not old enough yet to be crotchety, though I do like to occasionally practice, just to see what it'll be like to be me 20 years from now.

Regardless, going out for my birthday during trick or treat time has been a family tradition, ever since J1 was two and saw her first clown come to the front door. Freaked her right out of her frilly little white ankle socks; she turned tail and ran to her room, shrieking. oooookay, then. No more of that, ever!

Actually, birthday fun notwithstanding, I'm more really looking forward to Sunday afternoon and the Packers/Vikings game at Lambeau. Such drama! Such conflict! Such hype!

Hello, Pizza Hut? Meat Lovers! Large! Now!

Coupl'a glasses of Chill, and... bring it on, baby. It's game time.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

Oh, so I'm the excuse that we never went trick or treating? Uh huh. . . yeah surrrrre. I demand years of candy that I was denied in my youth!!!! Or jsut help with stats, your choice. . .

Who links to my website?