Sunday, August 02, 2009

Whhewww!

Made it.

Sermon delivered, and service ended on time, with no "cuts" needed.
I managed to remember where to put the pauses, where to place the inflections, where to change tone of voice. And I only perspired through one shirt, not both. ;)

When an .mp3 of the thing is up on the church website, I'll drop in a link here. Of course, it could just as easily be a stake, straw and burning torches that await me following my soon-to-commence trial for heresy. But until then, I'll leave you with the last couple of lines. They pretty much say what I meant it to say.

"How marvelous! How wonderful! That the God who fashioned us from dust, remembers our frame, remembers that we are dust, and has pity on us. In Jesus, God knows rejection. Suffering. Loss.
God knows what it's like... to be us.

"How marvelous! How wonderful! That God - impervious, immoveable, impenetrable - opens Himself to us, so that we can hurt... or bless... the very heart of God."

(cue music)

:)

I feel like a limp washrag. Brats, beer, and watching Tiger try for the Buick Open title... that's the ticket right now.

Can I get an Amen?

No comments:

Who links to my website?