Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fruit!

My vines are really not supposed to have any this year: second-year vines don't bear. In the third year I'll get half a crop, and in the fourth, a full yield (from which, God willing, I'll make wine for my Seminary graduation party the following Spring!

But this year I apparently have one vine that's a bit more lusty than the others. (What can I say? Takes after the vinedresser, I guess...)

So anyway, it's a cute little cluster of 4-5 grapes growing right off the main trunk. I've been watching it all year, wondering what it would do when it hit véraison (the time when the grapes turn color, moving from growing to ripening). And yeah! They're turning, all right.



So, late August. Just before State Fair. That means harvest next year will be early October. Just about right. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?