Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Just when you think it's safe to relax..

the floor begins to move under your feet again.

This Spring I'd gotten to the point of wondering again whether I should change the title and descriptive header of this blog, since work seemed stable for now, and I had a path to walk on for the next three years (to get me to a Masters degree and closer to a career change of my choice).

Ha. With my history with Corporate America I should know better. Corporate restructuring and market repositioning have struck again. My current job is being eliminated.

However, at least this time I've been given a new one, in a part of the company that's ongoing... in a sort of corporate "think tank" where certain subject matter experts are being assembled into a new unit. Apparently I qualify as one of those.

So for me, I get a new boss, new co-workers, new duties, new things to learn; but I keep the old salary, old pay grade, at least one old co-worker, and the same old office location: right here at home. No official "announcements" yet of my change, but it's all happening in the next 30 days, they tell me.

Not so bad, considering. And a darn sight better than it could have been. That three year plan is still intact. :)

But, change the blog title and header? Nope. Not yet.

3 comments:

sordav said...

Bill...sorry to hear about the job change. Happy to hear you still have one though :-) Have a great day and see you around soon!

Future Urban Planner said...

Whew, it's nice to know that things are still "in tact" tho different. You'll be in my prayers, as you start a new chapter!

Anonymous said...

wow. what a roller coaster. glad you can keep the office though :)

Who links to my website?