Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Subtract a dog, add a kid

The tables turned a bit this week. I was expecting to get our demonic family dog (albeit somewhat mellowed at age 11) back at our house temporarily, having to keep him from barking while I'm on a conference call with India, or from drinking out of the toilet in the bathroom across from my office downstairs, until we could get him transferred safely from living with J1 to living with J2.

Well, thanks to an airline screwup (a long story), the dog never got here, is still out West with J1, and instead we have J2 here for the week while he is between residences. (another long story) Now I have a different kind of noise abatement issue to enforce next to my office and another mode of bathroom sharing to which to adapt. J2 doesn't drink out of the toilet (that I know of!), but does spend more time in there than the dog.

But, by the end of the month, J2 should be in new pet-friendly digs in a new community (with the same old pet-friendly roomie), and there will be a plan to get demon dog to J2 from J1 directly, with no layovers in our lower level. Maybe it can all happen when we're en route to see family on the East Coast in early June, and it will be completely transparent to us.

Ha. No bets offered or taken.

No comments:

Who links to my website?