Thursday, May 14, 2009

Me and Kanye, we're tight

at least on the subject of Twitter, which I've beaten to death here before, but which I will beat on some more, now that I have moral support from my man Kanye West. He blogged about it recently, and although most of his rant is unrepeatable, I do love his one line: "Everything that Twitter has I need less of."

Word up, K.

Just ease off on the caps lock, dude. I know you're upset, bro, but oh my ears!

And then there's this hilarious cartoon on YouTube that takes the young and hip to task for being overly so. I can't help but think that they should have had Justin Long (the actor who plays "Mac" on the Mac/PC commercials) do the voiceover for the guy being introduced to the "Twittersphere". He has that great shrug-the-shoulders-while-lightly-smirking-because-he-needs-no-help-to-be-hip tone to his voice when he says "oh, really?"

You get that, right?

Finally the local FOX affiliate had a feature on Twitter Monday night on the 9PM news. Sort of an intro to Twitter for the uninitiated, the pros and cons, etc. The most effective use I can see for it (and the scariest) is by big corporations who can search on their company or product name to see everyone who tweeted anything about it, and, bam! - instant focus group. But the creepy thing is that then they can reply to each and every one who ranted about them. Yeesh. It's like "big brother" looking over your shoulder while you tweet.

I do have to admit, though, it is fun to get tweets from The Weepies sent to my cell phone updating fans on how they're doing in the studio with their new recording session. They do Twitter right. Maybe once a day, tops, and always cute or clever. Like their two year old standing up in his high chair and imitating James Brown: "I feew good!" :) Maybe they'll post the kid's video on their Facebook page...

(which would be the right place for it.)

No comments:

Who links to my website?