Sunday, May 10, 2009

Buds. Get yer buds here.

Both the electronic kind and the organic kind.  :)

I noticed during post-Star Trek shopping at Macy's Friday night that there is a vending machine for iPods and accessories now. Good grief, what next? Sure, the earbuds might be small and cheap, but... iPods? They're often hundreds of dollars! In a vending machine? Yikes! How... impersonal. Perfect for a digital age.




Think I'll stick with this kind of buds - the ones on my grapevines.








I was so pleased to see that they all made it through the winter.









Every vine had some buds, although some unidentified critters chewed off the vines at the base on about 6 of the sixteen.







But even on those, the stumps had buds! Yay! Good for you, little guys! I'll shield you a little earlier this Fall, I promise.







I'm actually a little late in pruning, some of the buds are actually starting to open. But better late than never.







Now, grow, boys, grow!





Oh, a final picture of some gorgeous purple and yellow violas that grace our back deck. I love violas - they're sort of halfway between violets and pansies. So pretty. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?