Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mindless Drivel

J2 & I went out to see the latest Adam Sandler movie last night. It definitely falls in the above category. :)

Parts were pretty funny, other parts were tasteless, and on the whole.. it was worth the price we paid to see it. Which was nothing. (I had a couple of passes left over from a show that started really late a month or so ago. Otherwise I think I would have regretted spending $17 on it for the two of us.)

But it was fun to hang out with him for a while, and laugh some. And the Coldstone Creamery ice cream afterwards was pretty good, too. That was *almost* worth the money, given the discount coupon I had. (You can get a whole pint of Culver's frozen custard for about the same cost - and sometimes... I do!)

So not a bad father/son night out for a total expenditure of $5.33 - if you like Adam Sandler and ice cream.

Hm. And a darn sight less than I'll be spending tonight for a night out with D. Parking, dinner, concert tix, reserved table... I don't even want to add it up. But then again, it's Iron & Wine! So it'll be worth it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they came to chapel hill a month and a half or so ago.

my sister: "why didn't you tell me! I love them!" .. huh. who'dve thunk

enjoy.

Bill said...

Yeah, who'dve thunk *she'd* like *them*! :)

Fun show. Not quite what I expected. Blog post to follow in a couple of days...

Who links to my website?