Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just say no to drugs

or at least ask your doctor if she'll let you. :)

My blood test numbers looked so good again that I had to ask "doc, can we consider stopping the use of some of these prescriptions?"

So, sure enough, the thought had crossed her mind, too, and - all of a sudden we went from 6 prescriptions to 3. I can completely stop taking the meds for diabetes, cholesterol, and blood pressure. Yay!

I'll then only be dealing with the endocrine stuff, and those are life-long anyway.

Of course, we'll look at blood tests again soon (in two months when I'm in Milwaukee again for State Fair), and determine if the levels are all still holding properly. But - wow. That would be great to be essentially cured of those three potential killers, and off those drugs.

So she was pretty happy with how I was doing, including weight/muscle management, and if she's happy... so am I. :)

It was kind of a relief after the unnerving drive through tornados the night before. And it helped me be able to enjoy the afternoon of shopping with D, the dinner out with old friends, and the ballgame at Miller Park later that night.

What a great night for baseball! Balmy, breezy, great seats, good company. (Yeah, lousy game, but - you can't have everything - at least not at the price we were paying.) ;)



As a little added bonus, I wound up being interviewed on Radio Milwaukee (88.9 FM) while driving around in Wauwatosa Friday on my way to the doctor. :) Okay, it was only about 3 minutes worth, but...

Anyway, I had called in about Black Artist Month and wanted to give a shout to the black artist named k-os (reviewed elsewhere on this website.) The DJ seemed intrigued by my take on k-os's music, also by the fact that I was not a local guy but still listened to their station sometimes, when I was in town, or as a streaming station in iTunes.

We had a nice conversation, just jawing about stuff, and.. after I hung up - here was the whole conversation on the air! Gee, I'm glad I was reasonably polite. :)

And on Saturday, what a difference a day made on the ride home! Wow. Much calmer, less nerve-racking, and faster. Even had time to stop at Trader Joe's on the way back to pick up some red pepper & eggplant spread (to mix with cream cheese for dip), some of their frozen "Soycoutash" veggies, a black olive/red pepper/feta cheese frozen pizza, and a bag of those great soy and flaxseed oil tortilla chips. Mmm. Nice.

To top it off, turned on the TV just in time to see Tiger hurt his knee on no. 15 in the U.S. Open, and despite a noticeable wince and limp, go birdie-eagle on the last two holes to grab the lead going into the final round. Great day. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?