Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinner

It's been 13 months since moving here, and it is still so nice to have people over. :) It doesn't happen enough. And since college let out for the year, we haven't had our usual crowd of students around the table.

So it was especially nice to have people over like S&D - new friends. Good conversation, and cards after dinner was really fun, too. Plus, it was nice to light the candles in the lounge again. It had been awhile.



And of my three experiments for dinner... I think all three were palatable. I'll have more broth in the soup next time.. the wild rice really soaked it up; but the flavor was really good. I actually used my mortar and pestle for the first time to grind the rosemary leaves. Wow, they smell great fresh-ground.

The salmon grilled up nicely in tinfoil, with the improvised marinade not being too strong for it, so that a little extra as sauce at the table was good to have.

And the canteloupe/strawberry sorbet with fruit fresh from the farmer's market Tuesday - ooh! Wow. Plus, fresh mint leaves as garnish - aww. So cute. (Naturally I ate all my leaves.)

And now I just have to walk outside and pick only as many as I need. :) So nice of D to think to bring along that plant when we moved. :)

Mojitos next! (N-A versions, of course. At least when fellow-seminarians are the guests.) ;)

No comments:

Who links to my website?