Thursday, April 03, 2008

Stubborn Spring

Considering everything that's been happening both inside and out, the last couple of days it's been pretty hard to see Spring as either here or just around the corner. It's seemed like things were conspiring to push us back in to the cold harshness of Winter again. And inside I've been shaking, a chill settling on the heart. :(

But last night a warmer wind from the South began to blow.. :)

Today it will reach 50, they say. Fifty-five tomorrow. :) Somehow those numbers sound pretty good when you're talking about temperature and not age. ;)

It's going to be tough to ignore Spring now.

It's warming up even if I'm still kind of chilly inside.

I'll get there. I'll warm up and I'll feel better. It might take until May, but.. I'll get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. you're up early! I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen that hour.

And really, if you think about it, May isn't that far away. I don't think I'd mind holding onto April for a while..

and i'm glad you laughed. as you said "don't get so down on yourself" you've lived, and you're still living. enjoy as you've enjoyed before.

Bill said...

:)

Who links to my website?