Friday, April 11, 2008

Bruce Almighty

Watched this movie for the first time last night. I was skeptical when it first came out, but when a prof at Bethel recommended it, I decided.. why not?

I guess you have to like Jim Carrey, but even if you don't, it's worth watching for Steve Carrel's supporting role. Hilarious. :)

But my favorite scene, and the one that started the tears moving (yes, even in a movie like this one. Okay, I'm a sap) was when, toward the end (after seeing clearly his own self-centeredness), he had this conversation with God about the girl who was leaving him, and whom he wanted back with all his heart.

Bruce: What do you want me to do?

God: I want you to pray, son. Go ahead. Use the beads.

B: Lord, feed the hungry. And… bring peace to all of mankind. How’s that?

G: Great. If you want to be Miss America. Now, come on. What do you really care about?

B: Grace. (note: the girl involved)

G: You want her back?

B: (after long pause) No. I want her to be happy. No matter what that means. I want her to find someone to treat her with all the love that she deserved from me. I want her to meet someone who’ll see her always as I do now - through your eyes.

G: Now that’s a prayer.

B: Yeah?

G: Yeah.



Yeah. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?