Saturday, October 06, 2007

20 degrees above normal

Just before I left for KC, the furnace fan went out, and no air can circulate in the house, hot or cold. The home warranty policy covers it, though, and the repair people are were set to come on Monday while I was gone.

Yep, that's the problem, all right, fan blew, but we have to order the part. A couple days. Sure.. no problem, D says. I mean.. it's early Fall. Temps are neither too hot or too cold, right? And besides.. ha! I'm gone and in an airconditioned office and hotel. Riiiiiight.

The hotel room never gets below 70 no matter what I do, so I get maintenance to bring up a fan and have it going all night. The office is worse. 74 at least and no air movement. I run to Target and buy a cool (as in hip) little fan that plugs into my laptop's USB port - works great, but.. makes a lot of noise. :( I feel bad for the people in neighboring cubicles, so rarely use it. Drip, drip, drip.

Now I get home and .. no furnace fan. Monday after 1. Fine, fine. Except that this weekend happens to be a record breaking heat wave. Arghhh! :(

Still, last night it didn't matter. I crashed anyway.

Nice to be home, heat and all.

No comments:

Who links to my website?